General Rules and Information
The following provides the general ground, pool and tennis rules at PVRA. Please take the time to read them carefully and to explain them in detail to your children. The responsibility and accountability to ensure safety in the pool area is vested in each of us as members of the Association. Our lifeguards are charged with the significant responsibility of ensuring the safety of the swimmers and those in the immediate pool area. The responsibility and accountability for our children cannot be delegated. Please remember that children under age 10 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult caregiver. Since the lifeguards are working for our safety, it is imperative that each swimmer recognizes and accepts the lifeguards' authority in the pool area. Lifeguards should not be put in a position whereby they must divert their attention from the pool area.
In order to ensure pool safety, lifeguards are given the authority to expel from the pool area anyone who acts in defiance of the guards' verbal admonitions. The Pool Director has the authority to extend the expulsion for up to a one-week period, depending on the nature and severity of the infraction/misdeed. Please discuss the pool rules with your children to keep these occurrences as rare as they have been. The understanding and cooperation of each of us is needed and certainly will prove to be a great help in ensuring a safe, accident-free season.
As a reminder, there will be no ball playing in the playground area (stickball, baseball, etc.) All ball playing is to be done on the ball field. Since the ball field will be used by children of many ages, please remind your children to play cooperatively with others in the spirit of community. Parents are responsible for the behavior and language of their children on the ball field.
Since the PVRA is providing chairs and tables for your convenience, please help us by cleaning up any spills or messes that may occur while you are using them. You may not reserve or “save” chairs for others or for your own use later in the day. As for the number of chairs, we should have plenty and we ask that you keep the chairs and tables open for those who are currently in the pool area. Thanks, and have a wonderful summer enjoying the PVRA facilities.
As an important reminder, the fenced PVRA pool and playground area are open only during posted pool hours during the regular summer swim season. We have experienced a number of incidents where children have trespassed onto the property by climbing the fence and have been found near the pool. PLEASE make sure that your children are aware that this is private property that they must not enter after the posted hours or before or after the season begins. This is an enormous safety issue and there can be absolutely no exceptions. PLEASE DISCUSS THIS MATTER WITH YOUR CHILDREN AS ALL VIOLATORS WILL BE SUBJECT TO REVOCATION OF MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES AND POLICE PROSECUTION.
PVRA GENERAL RULES
The appearance, integrity, and proper utilization of the PVRA area must be the ongoing concern of all eligible members. It is, therefore, the responsibility of all families to abide by those regulations governing the use of the recreational facilities and grounds. Such regulations shall be reviewed, and updated on a regular basis. It is the members' responsibility to be aware of the rules and review them on a regular basis.
The regulations governing PVRA are established in the interest of safety and beautification, and in recognition of the Association's liability. In addition to the posted rules for the swimming pool, kiddie pool, and adjacent area, the following rules are also applicable:
- All members are responsible for keeping the pool area free from litter.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited at the PVRA.
- No motorized vehicles are to be driven onto PVRA grounds. All motorized vehicles must be parked in the parking lot. There is no parking at any time in the turnaround area, which must be kept free for emergency vehicles' use and our basketball court.
- Unauthorized vehicles may be towed after hours.
- The grounds are to be closed to all unauthorized persons in accordance with the posted pool hours.
- Dogs are not permitted on the PVRA grounds.
- Weapons of any kind are not permitted on PVRA property. This restriction includes, but is not limited to, BB or pellet guns, slingshots, knives, bows, and arrows, etc. Violators will have their membership privileges suspended for the balance of the season.
- Fireworks are not permitted on the PVRA grounds. Violators will have their membership privileges suspended for the balance of the season.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages by anyone under 21 years of age is not permitted under any circumstances.
- The ball fields are available for the exclusive and casual use of member families. For that reason and reasons of liability, the ball fields cannot be made available to organized sport league teams – either for practice or for games.
- No wading, swimming, or boating in the pond.
- THE SPEED LIMIT ON PVRA GROUNDS - BOTH ENTRY/ACCESS ROAD AND PARKING LOT – IS 5 MPH! WE ASK THAT YOU TAKE CAUTION WHILE IN THE PARKING LOT AS WE HAVE MANY SMALL CHILDREN AND MANY CHILDREN WHO RIDE THEIR BIKES AND SCOOTERS.